Sunday, May 1, 2011

Obin

Obin is only a few among Indonesian designers who is so in love with batik long before batik became happening like now.  One thing I admired was her commitment to always wear kebaya and sarong complete with her sanggul cempol for her daily wear and it became her signature style.  I do not mind to copycat her style in my daily life but unsure I could be as elegant as she is.  I believe my besties will start calling me Mbok Jamu instead!  She translated the daily wear into the brand Cita with simpler and wearable model..

I love to check out her previous Kemang boutique - Incubare. Bin House  It's designed in a wood-floor warm color and all the store girls wearing Obin's signature style as their uniform.  I sometimes politely ask them if I could buy that uniform (aha!)  They also serves a complimentary ice lemon tea plus mint leaf and lemongrass completed with the traditional cookie jars wrapped in the colorful oil papers full with traditional oldies cookies such mini-fried sumpia and semprong.. it suddenly gives you a warm homy feeling..

I haven't got any chance to visit her new Kemang boutique since I moved from my previous office location and I felt sorry her Alun-Alun Indonesia outlet and Plaza Indonesia store were not serving the same (hik!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment