Friday, August 19, 2011

Baked Rice

No, no, no....I am not into catering business.

This was for an event around my neighborhood.  When I was asked by my neighbor to prepare a kinda lunch boxes for 80 people, my first thought was to go to the nearest catering and order.

But then I challenged myself and my maids why don't we prepare it by our own.  Yes, I called a challenge since we never had this before. 

I decided to prepare Nasi Bakar..Indonesian traditional baked rice, just for one reason, simplicity!  it's a one dish meal, wrapped in banana leaves..all in one go.

I called myself also as 'sok tau' when me and my maids tried to measure how much chicken, eggs, coriander leaves, rice we would need and the list continues...we are so clueless!  Moreover when the three of us wrapped it on weekend, we were exhausted!

Anyway, the results turned out to be successful.  Well...for others, this would be an easy task....but for us, this is trully an achievement! hahaha..my maids really made my day...HAPPY!


No comments:

Post a Comment