Thursday, April 28, 2011

Bangkok

My recent trip to Bangkok was quite impressive,  not because of the tourist sites, it was more to on how the people and culture mix together.  The city is the identical of Jakarta for the traffic, weather, buildings, houses and even the toll roads.  However, compared to Jakarta, the city is more well organized, managed and clean.  Yes, there were traffic but the cars keep moving slowly, no impatient horn sounds and less numbers of motorcycles!  You will not see people throwing trash or begars on the street.  Gosh, I wish my Jakarta could have been like this! 

When I travel, my must-do includes watching the local news, reading the local newspapers and try to go to the traditional market.  This way will help me to understand the culture and local people daily life.

Visiting the famous Chathuchak was the most exciting me-moment among any other Thailand tourist sites.  Yes, you could shop with millions of choices but the most thrilling experience is to see how Thai interacts in the market, checking their good export-quality products and looking at the thousands of food stalls with mouthwatering thai foods than tom yam.  Grilled banana, corn, satay, mixed rice in a bowl, bee hun with variety of meatballs, dim sum, vegetables wrapped in  rice paper, tempting mango with sticky rice, durian, guava....you named it!  Off course, all in a high good food quality.  The vegetables look soo fresh, dimsum looks so rich and full with meat or seafood, the banana looks sooo ripe and tender..If - only if my stomach was not too full that day, I will grab them all and eat it!  I would definitely love to go back someday and spend my whole day there just to spoil my sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment