Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Kue balok

I promised to post about Kue Balok, the sundanese traditional oldiest cake.

To be honest, I could not recall whether I ate the kue when I was a child and became a part of my childhood memory.  I think I am more familiar with Scone first..However, the more you grow up (errr...older), the more you appreciate the past.  My mom did remember this kue. 

If I could compare, this kue had a similar taste like Scone....To me, kue balok tastes much better with a hint of sweetness inside...Plain scone you need to top up with butter and jam...

Anywayyyy..I found this warong somewhere on Burangrang street in Bandung..this was taken probably 3 months back. 

I was more excited to the warong itself.  They served the kue balok with bandrek - the traditional ginger drink from Bandung - in a coconut bowl, so you could dip the kue to the bowl...yum!
They also add the vintage and kampong look by putting the jars with oldiest cookies....nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment